The diary as follow is from Philip Malloy's point of view:

Dear diary,

What was I exactly doing? Tansferring from Harrison School to Washington Academy. And losing all my close friends. I was...... sort of confused and puzzled over my feelings and thoughts. What was I exactly thinking? Baffled, I once thought I hated my former school and...... Ms Narwin for not allowing me to sing or hum the "star-spangled banner" but it did not turn out that way. What was I exactly feeling? Actually, I was....... also confused whether I really hoped to transfer school but the truth finally turned out when it was all too late. I...... I actually did not wish to transfer school and I also did not want the issue of suspending me for singing"star-spangled banner" to be so highly publicised. In addition, I was not very happy when people felt sorry and sympathetic of me. In fact, the truth was...... I did not really hate her, Ms Margaret Narwin like my other former classmates. Of course, I also did not want her to be blamed by the public as the truth was...... I was wrong at first. In my opinion, I really know that Ms Narwin has the best interest of me(student) and she really cares and put a lot of effort to educate me but my obstinate behaviour caused all her efforts to show futility. To me, she was like trying to heal a gaping wound with a tiny strap of plaster. I was just too incorrigible and did not want to...... lose. Too afraid to lose. But what was done was already done. It was all too late. It was all my fault. My fault! Deep in my heart, I want to say this to Ms Narwin, " Ms Narwin, I am really sorry."


From,
Philip Malloy


This is a diary entry written from Philip Malloy's point of view.