b. Who would you want to be friends with in the novel? Explain.

If I were in the novel, I would definitely befriend with Atticus as I really admire his courage in the novel. I feel that he is very brave, smart and courageous which can be seen from his decision to defend Tom Robinson in the trail although everyone disapproved he. In addition, he also believed in equality and justice as he felt that the blacks should be treated equally as the whites. He is also fair to everyone despite the difference in skin colour.

Also, I would make friends with Atticus as I feel that he is quite hospitable, friendly and caring. This can be seen when Walter Cunningham went to the Finch house, he welcomed him. Also, Atticus is approachable to me as he is very caring to others and showered love to his children. I feel that he is approachable as he is not arrogant and is quite humble. This can be seen when he did not show any arrogance when Heck Tate said that he was actually the best shot in Maycomb.

In my opinion, Atticus is sympathetic and determined as a lawyer as he was willing to go against the social convention to defend Tom Robinson in the trail. He also had physical courage which was showed when he went forward and shot Old Tom. In addition, I believe that I can also learn a lot from his values and beliefs if I were his friend. Hence, I would definitely befriend with Atticus.